What is ADEPA-COIN?
ADEPA-COIN is a Complementary Currency. It’s designed to support Ghanaian businesses and encourage local trade and production. It’s also a complementary currency, working alongside (not replacing) Ghanaian Cedis, for use by independent local shops and traders. The ADEPA-COIN gives local traders and customers the chance to get together to support each other in business by increasing local trade and community connections, also supports local businesses in sourcing more goods and services locally, reducing their carbon footprint.
ADEPA-COIN will come with several features that made it a great place to pioneer an urban local currency in Ghana:
· A famous local economy with a diverse high street and local market
· A strong community spirit and rich mix of culture and backgrounds
· A history of revolution, activism, change, dynamic people, and attracting the avant-garde
The ADEPA-COIN MISSION
The ADEPA-COIN has several goals, which are to:
· Support and build diversity and resilience in the Ghanaian economy in light of difficult economic times and chain store power
· Raise community awareness of the local social economy
· Encourage and facilitate a self-help model and attitude in order to protect the social and financial futures of the residents in the regions of Ghana
· Encourage local sourcing of goods to decrease CO2 emissions
To Make ADEPA-COIN transactions Globally, Regionals and National and
contribute to positive attention to its strong community, diverse economy and
capacity for innovation.